Map of the places of the V Meeting Club Panerai and of the III International Artiglio Award 2005
Viareggio (Tuscany). Saturday, June 4th, 2005
Saturday, June 4th 2005, care of the Congress Centre of the Building Principe di Piemonte in Viareggio and the hotel I Pini in Lido di Camaiore
(Via Roma no. 43, tel. 0039/0584-66103 and fax 0039/0584-66104, Lido di Camaiore -Tuscany), will be held the V Meeting of the Club Panerai, the yearly meeting of the Panerai’s watches owners registered to this site and of the all military watches passionate.
- Friday, June 3rd, 2005 During the whole day, arrival at the hotel -I Pini- and accomodation (alternatively, see Saturday 4th); H. 20,00 rendez-vous at the hotel and, later, buffet offered us from Simona Di Stefano, in her villa in Marina di Pietrasanta;
- Saturday, June 4th, 2005 H. 10,00, with a private hired bus, (Unfortunately the Italian Navy don't give us the permission requested by us, for the visit in La Spezia, to the HQ of their Commandos, the Special Assault Unit, Com. Sub. In. -T. Tesei-), will visit the -old farm house- in Bocca di Serchio (Pisa), training centre of the Commandos of the Italian Navy during the second world war, with the presence of the Italian gold medal Emilio Bianchi. Then we'll have the lunch care of the restaurant -I 3 Porcellini- in Tirrenia, or come-back to the hotel and light lunch care of the snack bar -Il Pinolo- in Lido di Camaiore; The Comune of Vecchiano (Pisa) for this visit, give us the free patronage. Today, the Assault Unit of the Italian Navy, is entitled just to Teseo Tesei Com. Sub. In. -T. Tesei, ideator in the 1935 with Elios Toschi, just of the -Siluro a Lenta Corsa/Slow Speed Torpedo- and nicknamed from the same Teseo Tesei -Maiale/Pig-. (See the technical data of the -Pig-)
(Above) The Slow Speed Torpedo or Maiale/Pig, exposed in Taormina (Sicily)
H. 15,00 come-back to the hotel; H. 16,00 meeting of the participants, care of the near (m 800) Congress Centre of the Principe di Piemonte, for the exhibition of the one’s Panerai watches and instruments. This year, the V Meeting, will be included in the programme of the III Edition of the International Artiglio Award, planned from Thursday, 2nd (Italian Republic Day) to Sunday, 5th June 2005, is opened, with free entrance, to the visitors. This year, the III edition of the International Artiglio Award, the international two-year exhibition dedicated entirely to the world of the underwater, will have for object, the scuba and the wrecks and, at the end, will be awarded a personality of international value, that he has been well dedicated in this way. During the international Artiglio Award, will be also the exhibition of the new Tuscany Navy's Museum (see also the Exhibition -Memories from the abyss-); H. 20,00 end of the meeting come-back to the hotel and dinner.
- Sunday, June 5th, 2005 Last day of the International Artiglio Award and free whole day, for the participants to go, for example, to the beach; Greetings and rendez-vous for all the people in Frankfurt (Germany) for Saturday 5th November 2005, for the P-Day 4 (see the III edition of the 2004), here in Viareggio, in May 2006 for the VI Meeting of the Club Panerai (see the III Meeting 2003, programmed during the II International Artiglio Award, just care of the Congress Centre of the Principe di Piemonte in Viareggio and in the 2007 for the IV International Artiglio Award.
- Hotel. Single room, bed and breakfast, Euro 90.00 per day and per room; - Hotel. Double room, bed and breakfast, Euro 120.00 per day and per room; - Dinners care of the hotel -I Pini-, Thursday 2nd, Euro 30.00 and Saturday 4th, Euro 35.00 per person; - Trip with the private bus, max Euro 20.00 per person and(eventual) lunch in Tirrenia, max Euro 25.00 per person, Saturday 4th;
- The programme may change, in this case all the participants will be informed asap; - The prices don’t include the (eventual) light lunch in the snack bar and all not included in the programme; - It’s possible to bring with yourself, wifes, girl-friends, lovers etc., that may spend the days of Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th, for visiting Viareggio or, simply, going to the beach; - The visit in Bocca di Serchio of Saturday 4th, is reserved only to male people, because the reserved bus is with 16 seats only; - Every of the rooms of the hotel has a little safe and the animals are also admitted. - In case of no more room availables, the accomodation will be effectued in an hotel of the same category. For organizing reasons, we suggest to all the interested people to reserve the hotel within Sunday, 8th May 2005, writing the terms of your participation and the number of the people, both for the dinner and both, above all, for the visit in Bocca di Serchio of Saturday 4th.
From the international airport -G. Galilei- of Pisa, take the train for Pisa Centrale (km 3) and then, take another train for the La Spezia-Genoa-Turin’s direction, for Viareggio (km 20). Arrived in Viareggio, take a taxi for the hotel (km 3) I Pini, Via Roma no. 43, Lido di Camaiore. b) For those whom arrive by train:
Station of Viareggio, on the Rome-Pisa/La Spezia-Genoa-Turin’s or Florence-Viareggio’s direction. Arrived in the station, take a taxi for the hotel (km 3) I Pini, Via Roma no. 43, Lido di Camaiore. Attention, in Italy, before taking the train, coming and come-back, you have to punch the ticket in the little yellow boxes (convalida) collocated in the station, otherwise there is the fine, Euro 8.00 per person!
c) For those whom arrive by motorway:
Exit Viareggio of the railways Firenze-Mare A11 (Florence Lucca/Viareggio) and Genoa-Livorno A12. Go to Lido di Camaiore, take Via del Fortino and then, finally, take Via Roma until the no. 43 of the hotel I Pini.
List of the participants:
Emilio Bianchi (Operator S.L.C. and Italian Gold Medal), Omeris Arpesella (Gamma Swimmer), Carlo Ruggieri and Giampiero Malfatti (1940's - 1960's Italian Navy Assault Members) 1) Claudio Salvini, in the past officer of the Italian Navy, boss of the hotel -I Pini- and collector; 2) Piero Lapiana, club panerai’site international p. r. and collector; 3) Marco Mancini, club panerai’site webmaster and passionate; 4) Ricciardo Canova, club panerai’site ideator and collector; 5) Umberto Panzeri, Rolex’s authorized assistance centre in Viareggio and watchmaker; 6) Jay Pulli, Usa, collector; 7) Omeris Arpesella, Arcola (Liguria), in the past -Gamma's- swimmer of the Italian Royal Navy; 8) Plinio Pratesi, of the Scuba Divers Society -Teseo Tesei- of Viareggio and passionate; 9) Jacopo Vannini, Florence, of the Manifatture Firenze; 10) Sauro Sodini, Viareggio, of the International Artiglio Award and collector; 11) Volker Wiegmann, Germany, collector; 12) Frank Raiss, Germany, collector; 13) Ermes Dionisio, Tarcento (Friuli V. Giulia), collector; 14) Fausto Bulleri, Empoli (Tuscany), collector; 15) Emilio Bianchi, Torre del Lago P. (Tuscany), italian gold medal and in the past Operator of the assault means of the Italian Royal Navy; 16) Alberto Menichetti, La Spezia (Liguria), collector; 17) Vanni Chiozzi, Brescia (Lombardia), collector; 18) Marco Aspi, Marina di Pietrasanta (Tuscany), collector; 19) Simona Di Stefano, Florence, collector; 20) Markus Tschopp, Germany, collector; 21) Ralf Ehlers, Germany, collector; 22) Diego Gabathuler, Switzerland, collector; 23) Jacopo Vannini, Florence, collector; 24) Nicolette Kok, The Netherlands, collector; 25) Tom Bartmann, Germany, collector; 26) Mario Paci, Florence, Panerai Sistemi-Calzoni's Project Engineer and collector; 27) Michael Schmitz, Switzerland, collector; 28) Sergio Marinelli, Switzerland, collector.
- We have maken, on our own, not from Panerai, the our (with the light blue written CLUB) personalized dial, and the written CLUB PANERAI engraved on the case-back, of the Piero's L. Marina and of the Ricciardo's Luminor, serial A)... You'll see them at the Meeting, but remember that the watches are not on sale and that Club Panerai is domain, trade mark and logo registered!
- If you want to see the special postcard, realized by Mario Paci, Florence, just for the V Meeting 2005, click here (.pdf format and 114-48 kb): Front Front Back Back
On these other postcards, realized by Volker Wiegmann, Germany for the V Meeting, will be the special postal cancellation!
- If you want to see both the special t-shirt, realized by Volker Wiegmann, Germany, for the V Meeting 2005, CLICK HERE (.pdf format and 63kb) and both the other special t-shirt, Paneristi Chapter Viareggio-Italy, created also by Volker Wiegmann, Germany CLICK HERE (.pdf format and 27.1kb).
- Volker Wiegmann, Germany with the special t-shirt from him realised for the IV Meeting 2004.
If you want to see the page with the photos of the V Meeting, CLICK HERE
The invitation has been sent also to Mr. Angelo Bonati-C.E.O., to the Mrs. Carla Salicini and Maryline De Cesare-International Public Relations, O. Panerai-Milan and also to the staff of the two Boutiques Panerai of Florence and Portofino.
The (Dream) Team of the Club Panerai, from the left to the right: Marco Mancini, Ricciardo Canova and Piero Lapiana say thank you to all the people will take part to the V Meeting.